With the announcement last night that we have gone back to Level 2 for the next week we will once again be putting systems back into place at Rotokauri School to keep our students safe. This means that our Meet The Teacher evening tomorrow (Monday 1st March) will be postponed until further notice.
If your family has been in Auckland over the weekend please notify the school.
Here are the guidelines provided by the Ministry today –
1. Schools are open to everyone, and all children must attend. At
Alert Level 2 the disease is contained but there is still risk of
community transmission. It is safe for children and staff to
attend school as they will be operating with
appropriate measures in place.
2. Schools are not classified as gatherings and a range of events
and activities can go ahead.
3. Face coverings are not required at school or on any school
transport. This includes charter buses hired by the school
to transport students and staff.
4. Sick people must stay at home. They should seek medical
advice if they have COVID-like symptoms and get tested if
advised to do so. If that person displays relevant symptoms
of COVID-19, tests positive for COVID-19, or has been in
close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19,
they must self-isolate.
5. Schools must have a contact tracing system in place. This
includes displaying QR code posters and a visitor register.
6. Fundamental public health measures continue to apply at
Level 2 –
– Hand hygiene
– Cough and sneeze etiquette
– Regularly cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces.
Once again, we can do this.
Be kind to each other and stay safe.