As you will have seen or heard unfortunately there has been a number of community transmission cases within the Auckland Region.
We have been placed back into Alert Level 2 for the next three days (Wednesday 12th August – Friday 14th August).
What does this mean for Rotokauri School?
School will remain open during this time. However, we are aware that some families will not feel comfortable about sending their child to school during this time. Please notify the school office if your child will not be attending school over the next three days. There will be no Distance Learning provisions over this time.
We will resume the procedures that we were operating under previously at
• Our good hand hygiene practices will continue.
• We will increase the hand sanitising and disinfecting throughout the day.
• We will be encouraging social distancing as much as possible.
• We will be tracking visitors to the school by not allowing people to move past the office area and ensuring that the appropriate tracking paperwork is completed.
• We will be cancelling assembly this week and any other large gatherings e.g Kapa Haka.
• We are requesting that parents drop off their children at the front gate in the mornings and wait in their cars for them in the afternoon.
We are being provided guidance once again by the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education. As we receive more information we will pass this on to you.
We are unsure about sports events but will let you know as soon as possible about any postponements.
Please remember to keep you child home if he/she is unwell.
Be kind, be patient and be safe everyone. Hopefully this will be a short period of restrictions in order to stop the spread of COVID-19.